Monday, November 14, 2011

Festive

above photo by Sasha of What, No Mints?
It's official.  The holiday season has already begun up here on the hill.  I just received my first new holiday decor item of the year, and TH is currently out buying twinkle lights!!  Something about having a kid makes Christmas so exciting again!  And Emmett is still too little to be excited himself, so it's not that. But we are both just so excited to see all the wonderment in him as we decorate the tree and wrap all the presents and do all the cooking and baking!  I just want to put cinnamon and cloves in the little bubbly pot on our wood stove right now, and have the house smell like cookies for the next 6 weeks.  In fact, I think I'll go do that.
Ok, I'm back.  Spices are bubbling away.  To get a charmingly geeky ornament from What, No Mints? for yourself, or to browse her other adorable felted and embroidered items, click here.  I am so excited to finally have one, after much coveting from afar!

1 comment:

  1. O these photos are gorgeous!! Thanks so much for posting about your "festive" ornament - Glad you love it!! :)

    I, too, am uber excited about Christmas this year - Jim and I are fortunate to be able to take nearly a full 2 weeks (!!) off to fly home and spend the holidays with people we love - Don't tell anyone, but we're already starting to add Christmas tunes to our playlists ... ;)

    ReplyDelete