Monday, January 16, 2012

Brrrrrr!

It was insanely cold here last night.  When we woke up this morning it was -11 degrees.  We went out last night because our friends were guest cheffing a cuban food night at the Diner (delicious, and blog post to follow tomorrow), and when we got in the car to go home at 9 it was already -1.  Buy the time we got up to our house it was reading -4.  And when we got in the car to go home there were these amazing geometric frost crackle patterns on the windshield.  I've never seen that before.  Does anyone know why that happens?  It was a little hard to photograph, but I thought it was so cool, I had to share.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the frost pictures. I have no idea why that happens, but they're pretty! That's cold. We have cold here, but it's a drier cold so it doesn't feel that same goes-through-you way it does in the NE.

    ReplyDelete